Forum Home  |  Recent Posts  |  Search  |  TYP Website  |  Dashboard  |  TYP Home      

This forum, including much of its vast wealth of knowledge, thousands of pages of special reports, custom tracking programs, supplement discounts, and many other features are available only to our members.

Becoming a member will allow you to view replies, make posts, and will remove the product advertising from this forum.

Existing Members Log In     See the Benefits and Sign Up Today!

Member Forum >> Main Forums >> Tell us your story >> I just found TYP
I just found TYP
Author Topic
seanogee

Frequent Contributor
Posted: 3/6/2013 5:40:01 PM

Hello,
This seems to be a very good community. I found it about a month ago and I've already gotten a lot from it.
I had my 60th birthday this past Monday. I'm very active and have been running for several years. I've done innumerable 5ks and 10ks, quite a few half marathons and 15ks and one full marathon. I've been doing Crossfit for almost a year. I was vegetarian for years and have been paleo for the last year. I also take supplements (krill, C, D3, CoQ10, K2, etc.)
A few months ago I started getting a pain in my chest when I ran. It got worse gradually until I would get it when doing pushups, but not other workouts. The 3rd Wednesday in January I was doing Sumo Back Squats with 225 lbs on my shoulders and felt great. Exactly a week later I was in surgery having a triple bypass. I'm recovering now, but it has really knocked me for a loop. I had never even had a procedure done before this. Now I am filled with doubt. The slightest pain and I'm wondering what's wrong now and there are a lot of pains since the surgery.
I know that a lot of you have been through far worse than what I've been through and are doing well. I want to get involved here and rebuild my hope. Hopefully, there is something I can contribute and give back as well.

Thanks,
Sean O Grady

Tags:

CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/6/2013 6:10:27 PM

Welcome to TYP Sean. Do you have receint NMR, VAP or standard lipid values. Also what did they look like as Vegetarian... for comparison. Did you ever have chest pain as vegetarian. As vegetarian how much wheat per day?

Tags:
Ilaine

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/6/2013 6:12:45 PM

Hi Sean, welcome to Track Your Plaque, and may God bless you.

The question is, what caused your heart attack?

I am a newbie here myself, but that is the question.

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/6/2013 6:13:00 PM

You will be the second Paleo to advance to CABG X 3. The other was a TYP'R with severely low HDL-P while HDL-C was 70's

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/6/2013 6:20:42 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Replies longer than 250 characters or those marked 'Members Only' by the author are restricted to active Members.

Tags:
Ilaine

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/6/2013 6:22:37 PM

Lord have mercy, here he comes. 

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/6/2013 6:26:57 PM

Dont be foolish.... "Lord have mercy". I had 70% LAD occlusion year 2004. You do it right you can avoid CABG 9 years and counting. YOU do thing wrong, make vast assumptions... CHD will take over your arteries. Lipoproteins needs/must be fixed

Tags:
Ilaine

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/6/2013 6:38:54 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Replies longer than 250 characters or those marked 'Members Only' by the author are restricted to active Members.

Tags:
Ilaine

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/6/2013 6:46:26 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
seanogee

Frequent Contributor
Posted: 3/6/2013 6:51:45 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
seanogee

Frequent Contributor
Posted: 3/6/2013 6:53:55 PM

No worries. I've been on a lot of forums over the years. :-)

Tags:
seanogee

Frequent Contributor
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:31:53 PM

Tags:
seanogee

Frequent Contributor
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:36:40 PM

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/6/2013 9:04:52 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
seanogee

Frequent Contributor
Posted: 3/6/2013 9:14:40 PM

Thanks Cadheart.
I'm just getting started on this journey so a lot of the abbreviations I'm not yet familiar with. I think my genetics are pretty good. Most of my family on both sides have lived well into their 90s.

Sean

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/6/2013 9:16:13 PM

Finnished editing prev post. The Forum have several members with MI, Stent, or CABG combination. Be patient until they fill in. They another main stream group. With Deep Serious Learning Convictions.

Tags:
seanogee

Frequent Contributor
Posted: 3/6/2013 9:24:38 PM

I love learning.

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/6/2013 9:49:56 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/6/2013 10:16:17 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/6/2013 10:37:46 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
SteveK

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/6/2013 10:40:27 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/6/2013 11:35:02 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
hopscotch123

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/7/2013 12:10:48 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
seanogee

Frequent Contributor
Posted: 3/7/2013 12:46:08 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/7/2013 12:53:16 PM

Holy wow!

D3 (20,000 IU daily)          what is your 25(OH)D blood level(D3). You might be in Toxic Range!!!

Tags:
seanogee

Frequent Contributor
Posted: 3/7/2013 2:47:27 PM

I don't know. The bloodwork didn't include that. Yeah, I didn't realize I was taking so much until I typed it. I thought they were like 1,000 IU pills. I'm cutting that back to 1 a day. That would be 5,000 IU daily.

Tags:
muirsan

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/7/2013 7:52:42 PM

Seanagee, were i in your shoes i would stop the D for a few weeks and start up again at 5,000.   You may really be in the unhealthy range and a week holiday will do nothing negative.     

Tags:
LCL

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/7/2013 8:19:03 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
seanogee

Frequent Contributor
Posted: 3/7/2013 8:49:34 PM

Thanks LCL,
Does Dr Davis have a recommended source for the EPA/DHA? My oil is no where near that amount. Also the niacin?

Sean

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/7/2013 9:03:11 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
Ilaine

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/7/2013 9:06:58 PM

Sean, just need to drink more oil.  Carlson's is good quality, you can buy it out of a refrigerator at a health food store like Whole Foods, and keep the bottle in a refrigerator at home.

Slo Niacin you can get at Walmart.

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/7/2013 9:09:15 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
jaxrph

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/7/2013 9:26:10 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/7/2013 9:48:14 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/7/2013 9:52:09 PM

Jax. I'm not low Fat. Nor promote low Fat. Please please STOP IT. Please stop making your own views of my veiews and posting what you believe when not true. Please. Please. Please jax.

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/7/2013 9:58:44 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
jaxrph

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/7/2013 10:00:57 PM

quoted from CADHEART.

You are very likely apoE 4 allele. Dr. Davis post often some apoE 4 alleles must watch their Fats consumption.

Tags:
seanogee

Frequent Contributor
Posted: 3/7/2013 10:01:36 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/7/2013 10:06:39 PM

Dr. Davis did post that. I used word "some". Jax. Please please please please pleases. Ok. Pretty Please. Lol. Fart all you want Jax. Make a Stink

Tags:
lconnolly

Master Contributor
Posted: 3/8/2013 10:02:49 AM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
Ilaine

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/8/2013 10:18:59 AM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/8/2013 10:24:43 AM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/8/2013 10:32:56 AM

I'll leave this Thread. Most my post above about his lipids. Whats been successful. Very Very little advise if any was given about Sean's Diet considerations. If Plaque is not controlled by any TYP'R read those post again. For more thought.

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/8/2013 10:48:03 AM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
seanogee

Frequent Contributor
Posted: 3/8/2013 3:12:12 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
seanogee

Frequent Contributor
Posted: 3/8/2013 3:20:46 PM

I ordered the test from "23andme".

Sean

Tags:
Ilaine

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/8/2013 3:58:37 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
LCL

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/8/2013 8:38:43 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
seanogee

Frequent Contributor
Posted: 3/8/2013 10:15:12 PM

Thank you, LCL. I definitely needed that.

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/8/2013 10:58:20 PM

Sean

In Time You will Understand Most...   Which is Really Important

http://www.trackyourplaque.com/forum/topics.aspx?ID=13583

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/9/2013 12:26:30 AM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
lindybill

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/9/2013 1:09:44 AM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/9/2013 1:48:13 AM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/9/2013 7:09:38 AM

err dup

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/9/2013 7:10:26 AM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
Ilaine

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/9/2013 7:53:30 AM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
psweath

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/9/2013 9:16:39 AM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:

www.trackyourplaque.com Copyright 2014 shop.trackyourplaque.com