Forum Home  |  Recent Posts  |  Search  |  TYP Website  |  Dashboard  |  TYP Home      

This forum, including much of its vast wealth of knowledge, thousands of pages of special reports, custom tracking programs, supplement discounts, and many other features are available only to our members.

Becoming a member will allow you to view replies, make posts, and will remove the product advertising from this forum.

Existing Members Log In     See the Benefits and Sign Up Today!

Member Forum >> Exercise and Lifestyle >> General Discussion >> What kind of exercise?
What kind of exercise?
Author Topic
Renfrew1

Frequent Contributor
Posted: 3/3/2013 11:23:40 AM

Guten Tag,

new user here (from Germany), glad I found this place. Lot's of knowledgeable people here! My native language is German, so please bear with me if my English is not perfect.

I am 52 years old, slim and basically fit.

LDL is a bit high (130) but subtype A, no atherogenic subparticles. HDL is 62.
Trigs: 55.

HbA1c is also a bit high at around 5.7.

Blood glucose in the morning typically 100-105. I'd like to improve on that.
No meds, except fishoil and Magnesium.
Low-carb diet.

Now about exercise:

There are so many different kind of exercise, I can distinguish at least 3 major ones:

Aerobic exercise (running or cycling with moderate speed 30-40 minutes, 3 times a week

Anaerobic: Weight lifting or going to the gym, strength training
2a. Slow and hard (only 3-4 repetitions with max power)
2b. Faster and lighter: 2 or 3 sets with weights you can lift 10 times

HIIT: High intensity, going for max. heartrate for a minute and then resting for 2 or 3 minutes, slow pace  and then repeat (10 times).

NOW: Among all these different exercises what would be the best to fight atherosclerosis and improve blood sugar?

In the past I have been doing aerobic (jogging) 3 times a week, 40 Minutes, moderate pace. That did not improve my blood sugar.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Tags:

ptheut

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/6/2013 1:56:39 PM

well, turns out a good brisk walk once per day for one hour is basically all you need.

keep hour HR at 60 to 65% of max and u r fine.

not kidding.

Tags:
jaxrph

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/6/2013 2:02:37 PM

I need to re-research HIIT.  I have changed mine to 1min all out 1 min rest x 10 cycles, but may be overdoing it.

I used HIIT 3x per week and yoga or light weight lifting on 2 days and do nothing a few days a week.

Tags:
Bill Davis

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/6/2013 3:51:43 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Replies longer than 250 characters or those marked 'Members Only' by the author are restricted to active Members.

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/7/2013 10:31:31 AM

Topic Content Hidden!

Replies longer than 250 characters or those marked 'Members Only' by the author are restricted to active Members.

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/7/2013 1:05:56 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
david_a

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/7/2013 1:47:50 PM

I like the HIIT combined with strength training. I do the elliptical machine for the HIIT and lift weights for about 30 minutes.

Tags:
dan2341

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/8/2013 3:07:01 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags: fasting glucose
Renfrew1

Frequent Contributor
Posted: 3/9/2013 8:10:19 AM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
LCL

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/9/2013 5:28:03 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
sharpone

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/9/2013 9:13:05 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
Renfrew1

Frequent Contributor
Posted: 3/10/2013 9:37:37 AM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
sharpone

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/14/2013 11:55:47 AM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
health admin

Master Contributor
Posted: 3/14/2013 12:45:25 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
Renfrew1

Frequent Contributor
Posted: 3/15/2013 4:00:57 AM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags: Blood Glucose

www.trackyourplaque.com Copyright 2014 shop.trackyourplaque.com