Forum Home  |  Recent Posts  |  Search  |  TYP Website  |  Dashboard  |  TYP Home      

This forum, including much of its vast wealth of knowledge, thousands of pages of special reports, custom tracking programs, supplement discounts, and many other features are available only to our members.

Becoming a member will allow you to view replies, make posts, and will remove the product advertising from this forum.

Existing Members Log In     See the Benefits and Sign Up Today!

Member Forum >> Main Forums >> Tell us your story >> First Heart Scan Score
First Heart Scan Score
Author Topic
Suntzu

Master Contributor

Posted: 2/8/2013 7:18:56 PM

In 2009 I had blood work done and was determined to be "pre diabetic". After following the ADA diet for 90 days with no improvement in lipids I started my own research and went Low Carb. I had done Atkins before and lost weight but got away from it and put the weight back on. I knew I was eating wrong and so I wanted the blood test. During this period after 2009 I also researched a lot and found the correlation between high blood sugar, triglycerides and heart disease etc.My father died of heart attack at 49. I also joined TYP and made a few posts but let my subscription expire. I recently rejoined and finally got the scan. So I am a 58 year old male and my score was 57 which puts me in the 50th percentile. The scan was done in Naples Fl and I believe was a 64 slice. I have been low carb since 2009 and find it easy to follow. I am very sensitive to carbs and check my blood so I know what I can and cannot eat. I need to lose a few pounds and do a little more exercise and I want to go the next step and get my blood work done. Where can I find a doctor that can order the tests and interpret my lipids and scan score. I don't want a doctor to tell me low fat and put me on statins. I'm pretty sure I can do it with diet and exercise and the proper supplements.So I am low to moderate risk but what I don't want is to get another scan in 18-24 months and find my score has increased to >100 or so.  Also here are my lipids before and after low carb:

08/09                                                                                                                  12/10

Glucose                                 131                                                                                                                    87

A1C                                         6.3                                                                                                                    5.5

C Reactive Protein                    NA                                                                                                                    .17

Triglycerides                          213                                                                                                                     93

HDL                                     45                                                                                                                         74

LDL                                      141                                                                                                                      153

Thanks to all  for any feed back.  

Tags: , Berkeley HeartLab,Blood Glucose,calcium score,Low Carb High Fat Indirectly Wheat Free

Ilaine

Master Contributor

Posted: 2/8/2013 9:12:55 PM

Suntzu,  your 2010 test results are really old.

Tags:
Suntzu

Master Contributor

Posted: 2/8/2013 9:34:29 PM

I know. I'm going to get new results in next couple of weeks

Tags:
lindybill

Master Contributor

Posted: 2/8/2013 10:23:12 PM

I am sure you know the drill.  High intake of Vitamin D, K2, Fishoil.  Do I know you from SI?

Tags:
Suntzu

Master Contributor

Posted: 2/8/2013 10:37:42 PM

You don't know me lindybill. I think I know the drill. Just want to do it right 

Tags:
Hepoberman

Master Contributor

Posted: 2/9/2013 4:09:40 AM

Topic Content Hidden!

Replies longer than 250 characters or those marked 'Members Only' by the author are restricted to active Members.

Tags:
LCL

Master Contributor

Posted: 2/9/2013 4:22:34 PM

Moving in the right direction, Suntzu!  Post your current results and you'll know what needs tweaking.
L

Tags:
Suntzu

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/2/2013 3:45:06 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Replies longer than 250 characters or those marked 'Members Only' by the author are restricted to active Members.

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/2/2013 4:11:33 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/2/2013 4:23:45 PM

Your crp is high too. Thus high lp-pla2 with high crp is a serious inflammation warning. Take it serious. Your dad die young

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/2/2013 4:31:51 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/2/2013 4:46:18 PM

Triple risk for MI... http://www.unisciencegroup.com/ezines_page.asp?IDTXT=21

Tags:
Boo

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/3/2013 11:05:15 AM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
Suntzu

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/3/2013 4:31:55 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
Heart_Builder

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/3/2013 8:06:20 PM

Welcome Suntzu I'm in florida also. HB

Tags:
Suntzu

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/4/2013 9:07:19 PM

Thanks HB. I'm in SW Florida. Maybe see you around.

Tags:
lindybill

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/5/2013 1:34:03 AM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
Suntzu

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/7/2013 7:09:23 AM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
Ilaine

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/7/2013 11:10:48 AM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
CADHEART

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/7/2013 12:29:12 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
hopscotch123

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/7/2013 12:31:08 PM

Also, free T3 is too low. Don't underestimate what it can do for your lipids.

Tags:
Suntzu

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/11/2013 7:22:40 PM

Hopscotch how do i lower T3?

Tags:
LCL

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/11/2013 7:29:32 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
Suntzu

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/17/2013 3:52:45 PM

I meant raise. I live in SW Florida and will be seeing a new lipidologist on the 27th. Maybe he knows.

Tags:
Dr. Davis

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/17/2013 6:47:32 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
Suntzu

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/17/2013 10:00:11 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
Suntzu

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/26/2013 5:40:56 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags:
psweath

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/26/2013 10:28:27 PM

Sounds like a very positive experience Suntzu - congrats on finding a doctor who seems to have the right focus and attitude!

Tags:
Suntzu

Master Contributor

Posted: 3/27/2013 7:02:16 PM

Will post lipids after next test and dr. visit

Tags:
Suntzu

Master Contributor

Posted: 6/5/2013 11:40:00 PM

Topic Content Hidden!

Tags: Lp(a),c reactive protein,Exercise,Heart scan,LP-PLA2,Triglycerides,Weight Loss

www.trackyourplaque.com Copyright 2014 shop.trackyourplaque.com